Sunday 10 July 2011

A home for the Greek Gods


This unusal house nestled in a couple natural caves is located on the beautiful and chic Greek island of Santorini. There was probably already some kind of human abode here for at least a 1000 years. It reminds me of the ice hotels I posted about - a southern version of it.

 The owner, a photographer, left the house as simple and natural as he could with traditional whitewashed walls and sparse furnishing.

I've been to a natural cave house (not this one unfortunately) and the climate inside is amazing - you never want to go back to airconditioning (which is bad for the enviroment anyway).

Isn't this a place fit for an ancient greek God?









All photos: At Casa

1 comment:

  1. It is stunning, Anna but a little too spartan for me, I think. Most intriguing. J x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by european chic and commenting. Every comment makes my day!
Anna

More from European Chic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...